A tiny country with a big heart and warm, friendly people- this is the Kingdom of Swaziland – the only monarchy in Africa and with its own unique and ancient cultural traditions. Swaziland boasts dramatic landscapes of mountains and valleys, forests and plains and has wildlife reserves across the country that are home to The Big Five and other endangered rare animals such as the White and Black rhino. Adventure activities such as horseback riding, walking, white river rafting and mountain biking are all part of the fun and adventure. You can easily take a guided tour to Swaziland whilst staying in the southern part of Kruger Park or drive yourself en route between Kruger and Kwazulu Natal.
Why visit Swaziland ?
- Unique art and crafts such as Swazi Candles, Ngwenya Glass, Baobab Batik
- Only monarchy in Africa with many rich cultural traditions
- Perfect gateway for travel between Kwazulu Natal and Kruger Park
- Many beautiful walks in nature and reserves
- Eco friendly community managed game reserves
Map of Swaziland
Best Time To Go
The dry winter season lasts from mid-April to mid-October, with an average temperature of 20°C . Days are sunny and warm and the nights chilly with temperatures dropping quickly at night. The rainy season begins at the end of October, lasting through to March. Due to the high altitudes, extra layers of clothing for the nights are needed all year round.