Land of the legendary Victoria Falls, the wild Zambezi River, breath-taking lakes and wetlands, a profusion of birds, abundant wildlife, and raw, pulsating wilderness… Zambia offers holidays filled with adventure and scenic beauty. Acknowledged as one of the safest countries in the world to visit, Zambia’s people live in peace and harmony offering a rich culture and friendly hospitality. The country has a strong conservation ethos with a ban on trophy hunting of Africa’s lions effective since 2013.
Why visit Zambia ?
- Large conservation areas and national parks unspoilt by mass tourism
- A gentle canoe trip along the Zambezi River
- South Luangwa National Park, home of the African Walking Safari
- The Victoria Falls, one of the 7 wonders of the natural world
- Tea on Livingstone Island Victoria Falls or a swim in Devil’s Pool overhanging the Falls
- Wilderness and wildlife at its best
Map of Zambia
Best Time To Go
Zambia’s elevation on a plateau gives it a moderate climate, despite the fact that it is within tropical latitudes. There are three seasons, cool and dry from April to August, hot and dry from September to October and warm and wet from November to March. Only during the wet season is there noticeable humidity. In the river valleys of the Zambezi and Luangwa it becomes very hot only in the month of October. Game-viewing is excellent year round, particularly from June to October. The Victoria Falls are spectacular in April and May after the rainy season.